Anyone can hang out a shingle and call herself a tutor, but good students do not always make good teachers. Choose someone with a proven track record of improving the grades, enthusiasm, and motivation of students.
Why choose Supreme Tutors?
Supreme Tutors offers in-home tutoring by the most highly qualified tutors in the Peninsula and San Francisco.
Why choose Supreme Tutors?
We offer superior service at competitive prices. Some other tutors are just starting, or depend on their own long-ago classes without further preparation. Our tutors are not only experts, but have the experience and patience to explain a subject to all levels of students. Our new Peninsula affiliate, Cynthia Gong-Goldfeld, Ph.D., (firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-92-6223) brings over ten years’ experience at the nation’s best universities. She has taught hundreds of students aged 11 to 48 in a variety of subjects. Typical tutoring subjects requested include:
• SAT/PSAT prep
• College preparation and coaching
• Math from pre-algebra through AP calculus and college-level math
• Sciences, especially AP classes, chemistry, physics, biology, and forensics
• English grammar and writing
• English literature, including Shakespeare
• Organic chemistry
• MCAT and GRE prep
I have a passion for teaching. I spend time to learn about the student, his school, and his environment. I begin by taking a detailed background from the parent about the student’s grades, study habits, extracurricular activities, and other considerations. Next, I talk to the student about the subject(s) to determine his class curriculum, his achievement goals, and how the he approaches the material so I can personalize each session. If I am given notice before a test, I prepare a short list of typical questions and example problems to guide the student in his or her studies. After each session, I provide a detailed summary, including recommendations, to the parent via e-mail.
Students need confidence as well as new skills. Some get used to mediocrity and do not know the feeling of success. Many of my students have learning disabilities or other factors that might hinder excellence. For all students, I incorporate study skills, work ethic, and positive habits in each lesson to help them achieve new levels of success.
Cynthia’s education and experience:
• Lead Science Instructor for UNLV SAGE summer program, 2005-2008
• Math of the SATs; Statistics and Calculus; Science in Society
• Eight university-level courses taught 1998-present:
• Caltech, organometallic chemistry
• UC Berkeley, organic chemistry for majors; quantum chemistry
• UNLV, graduate level biology and biochemistry
• The Princeton Review, MCAT (organic chemistry)
• California Institute of Technology (Caltech), B.S., Chemistry, 1999
• University of California, Berkeley, Ph.D., Chemistry, 2004
• SAT: 790 Math, 730 Verbal; GRE: 770 Math, 750 Verbal, 790 Quantitative; LSAT: 172
English Grammar and Writing
Geometry and Trigonometry
AP AB Calculus
AP BC Calculus
- : San Mateo
- : California